MediCCM’s mission is to connect people and data to redefine the role of the patient and create a better healthcare experience for everyone. We believe that everyone benefits when you put the patient at the center of healthcare and when data is appropriately shared among stakeholders.
- MediCCM for Consumersprovides a personal health platform that enables you to gather, edit, supplement, store, track, and share health information online. With MediCCM, you can control your own health records and access them at any time, any place, and on any device. You can also share your health information with the people who care about you, your family, friends, and health care professionals.
- MediCCM for Businesshelps hospitals, healthcare providers, employers, and health advocates facilitate better health management for their patients via an enterprise health platform with a suite of care coordination tools.
SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement applies to our MediCCM health platforms and any other related features, contents, applications, or websites we may offer from time to time (collectively, the “MediCCM Services”). This Privacy Statement explains MediCCM’s information practices, including:
- What information we may collect through the MediCCM Services and how we collect it.
- How we use the information we collect.
- How we may share collected information.
- What choices you have as to how we collect and use information.
This Privacy Statement is incorporated by reference into MediCCM’s
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In General. MediCCM’s mission is to help you manage your health information, and we cannot help you do that without collecting certain information, including personal information about you. When we say “Personal Information,” we mean information that alone or in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate a specific person, such as: name, address, email address, phone number, medical records or certain other health data, insurance information, and financial information. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.We collect information when you:
- Create a MediCCM account.In order to use the MediCCM Services, you must create an account. To create a MediCCM account, you must provide Personal Information such as name, email address, and a password. This information will help MediCCM and others that you collaborate with to identify you.
- Build your Personal and Health profile.As a MediCCM member, you can add information to your account. You may choose to provide Personal Information such as address, phone number, date of birth, a profile photo, gender, blood type, health conditions, medications, allergies, and body measurements. You may opt to upload important documents to your Health profile, such as medical, lab, insurance, legal, and other documents. You may also choose to include Personal Information about others in your profile by providing us with names and contact information for emergency contacts and health care providers.
- Add a Family Member.You can manage your family’s records in the same MediCCM account. When you add a family member, you may choose to provide Personal Information about them as you build their health profile. When you provide Personal Information about other people, you represent that you have the authority to do so. You can also allow this family member to log in to your MediCCM account using their own email and password. If you allow this family member to log in, you control what information they can see as described in “Your Choices” below.
- Add a Caregiver.Caregivers, such as family, friends, or health advocates, can help you manage your healthcare. When you add a Caregiver, we ask that you provide their name, relationship to you, and an email address. If your Caregiver has their own MediCCM account, you may choose to let them see some or all of your information as described in “Your Choices” below.
- Link your MediCCM account to services or devices.If you choose to link your MediCCM account to certain other services or devices, such as calendars, wearables, scales, fitness trackers, or other health monitoring devices, we may collect information related to your use of such services or devices. When these services or devices are administered by a third party, the information practices and policies for those services or devices are the responsibility of that third party.
- Request Health Records.If you choose to request health records, we will ask you to provide Personal Information as needed to complete a request form that complies with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). Such Personal Information may include a Social Security number.
- Seek assistance from MediCCM.If you contact MediCCM with questions and requests, we may collect information from you in order to assist you. If you enroll in MediCCM Plus, you have unlimited access to a MediCCM Plus Health Assistant who can assist you with medical appointment scheduling and other care coordination tasks, which may require you to provide additional information.
- Cookies.A cookie is a small text file that may be stored on the hard drive of a computer or device when you access a website. When you visit our website, we may assign your device one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. You may refuse the service of cookies to your device or delete any existing cookies by changing your browser preferences. As the means by which you can do this vary from browser to browser, please refer to your browser’s help menu for more information. If you refuse or delete cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all features and functionality of the MediCCM Services.
- Information collected automatically.We may automatically collect information from your browser or device when you use the MediCCM services. This information may include an IP address, device identifier, your browser type, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies your browser received from us, and other non-personally identifiable information that can help us optimize the MediCCM services.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information, including Personal Information, to deliver and improve the MediCCM Services.
We may use information, including Personal Information, to:
- Communicate with you.We may send email to the email address you provide us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, system maintenance, or to provide information we think may be of interest to you. We may also communicate with you through the MediCCM Services or other means enabled by the MediCCM Services, such as through text messages, push notifications, or in-app messaging. You may adjust your communications preferences in your MediCCM account settings at any time or by unsubscribing from our marketing emails using the link provided at the bottom of those emails.
- Communicate with others at your request.If you choose to use MediCCM to share information with others, we may require Personal Information such as names, email addresses, fax numbers, or other contact information.
- Customize your MediCCM experience.We use information we collect through the MediCCM Services to customize your MediCCM experience.
- Organize and analyze your health information.When you share information or we receive it from others, our employees and service providers may review that information to categorize and organize it for you. For example, MediCCM Plus Health Assistants will use information you provide to them to coordinate appointments and perform other requested tasks.
- Provide and improve the MediCCM Services.We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes and may provide it to third parties as necessary to allow us to facilitate or improve the MediCCM Services.
We may aggregate or de-identify data collected through the MediCCM Services and use it for any purpose.
HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information.We do not share your Personal Information with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission. We may share aggregate or de-identified data with third parties for any purpose.
We may share information, including Personal Information, as follows:
- With your permission.We may share your Personal Information or other information about you with third parties when we have your permission or at your direction, including when you direct us to send information to a healthcare provider.
- When you add a family member or Caregiver.We may share information about you according to your “Sharing Settings” in your MediCCM account. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or actions of any third party with whom you choose to share information.
- With our vendors and service providers.We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained to help us provide or improve the MediCCM Services.
- As required by law and similar disclosures.We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; defend against legal claims; respond to your requests; protect the rights, property, and safety of you, MediCCM, or others; or as otherwise required by law.
- In connection with a merger, sale, or other asset transfer.If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing, reorganization, or other substantial corporate transaction, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, any information we possess, including Personal Information, may be shared, sold, or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract. In such cases, we cannot control how other entities may use or disclose such information.
MediCCM offers you a number of ways to control collection and use of your information when you use the MediCCM Services. Your options include:
- Control who sees your information.Each time you add a family member or caregiver, you get to decide what types of information the person can access. You can change these setting at any time. We share information with third parties only at your request and with your specific authorization.
- Modifying your account information.You can review the information you or others have shared by logging into your MediCCM account. You can modify or delete any information that you have provided us at any time. You may also choose to modify and delete information that others have shared with you.
- Modifying your account settings.MediCCM account settings are designed to provide you with control over the information that you share. We encourage you to review your account settings and adjust them in accordance with your preferences. If you are logged into your account, visit the “Personal” tab and then “Sharing Settings” to modify what information each person you have connected with can see.
- Closing your account.If you no longer desire to use the MediCCM Services, you may close your account by sending us an email to
We take steps to ensure that information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Unfortunately, neither the Internet nor any form of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information provided to us. We do not accept liability for any unintentional disclosure.
By using the MediCCM Services or providing an email address to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the MediCCM Services.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with MediCCM Services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, prevent fraud or abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or take other actions permitted by law. Anonymous or aggregated information that does not identify you personally may be retained indefinitely.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Informationfromchildren under 13 years of age, and no part of the MediCCM Services are designed for or directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13, you may choose to manage your child’s health information through your MediCCM account.
MediCCM is located in the United States. By choosing to use the MediCCM Services or otherwise provide information to us, you agree that any dispute over privacy or the terms contained in this Privacy Statement will be governed by U.S. laws and the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with MediCCM or the MediCCM Services will be in accordance with our
If you are visiting or using the MediCCM Services from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and to processing globally. By providing your information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time to reflect changes to our information practices. If we decide to change this Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on this page so that you are aware of our practices and update the “Effective as of” date below. If we make a material change in how we collect, use, or disclose Personal Information, we will make reasonable efforts to provide notice through the MediCCM Services and obtain consent to any such uses as may be required by law. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective as of: January 1, 2015